Dated: May 17, 2023
Information We Collect
The information that we collect is broken down into two categories- Information you provide us and information we receive from third parties.
Information You Provide Us
Account Opening and Login
You will need an account to use all of our platform’s services, and to create an account, you need to provide us with certain information. To create an account we will need a username, a password and an email address. Your profile information which includes your display name and username, is always public. However, you can use either your real name or a pseudonym. After you’ve created your account, you can log in using your username and password that you created, or you can log in using a third-party single sign-in via your Google or Apple account(s).
If you use any of our subscriptions, we would need to take payment information. Such payment information may include the cardholder’s name, credit or debit card number, card expiration date and CVV code billing address.
We collect information about your activity on the platform including:
- Content you post including the date, application, and version and information about your platform activity including content you view and when you view them. We also collect the content you create, upload, or receive from others when using our platform. This includes videos you save and comments you make on other videos.
- Your interactions with other users’ content, such as: likes, shares, replies, if other users mention or tag you in content or if you mention or tag them, and broadcasts you’ve participated in (including your viewing history, listening, commenting, speaking, and reacting).
- How you interact with others on the platform, such as people you follow and people who follow you, and when you use direct messages, including the contents of the messages, the recipients, and date and time of messages.
- If you communicate with us, such as through email, we will collect information about the communication and its content.
- Ad-Click activity such as the types of ads that you view and when you view them.
We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Platform, including:
- Information about your connection, such as your IP address and browser type.
- Information about your device and its settings, such as operating system.
When you use our platform we collect some information about your approximate location to provide the service you expect, including showing you relevant ads.
When you provide other information to our platform, including an email address or phone number, we associate that information with your account. Subject to your settings, we may also use this information in order to infer other information about your identity.
When you view or interact with ads we serve on the platform, we may collect information about those views or interactions.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Interactions with our content on third-party sites
When you view our content on third-party websites that integrate our content such as embedded videos, we may receive log information that includes the web page you visited.
When you set your preferences using your settings, we collect that information so that we can respect your preferences.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
When you use other online products and services, they may share information about that usage with us. We will not use any information shared with us from third parties any differently than how we have outlined herein, the way we use the information we collect directly. We cannot however, control how third parties collect and use your information when you are visiting their sites. Please be sure to review their privacy policies and terms of services when using their sites.
Ad Partners, Developers, Publishers
Other Third Parties, Account Connections, and Integrations
We may receive information about you from third parties who are not our ad partners, such as other platform users, developers, and partners who help us evaluate the safety and quality of content on our platform, our corporate affiliates, and other services you link to your account. We will not use any information shared with us from other third parties any differently than the way we have outlined herein how we use the information we directly collect.
How We Use Information
The main ways that we use your information are described below:
- We use the information we collect to provide and operate our services.
- We also use the information we collect to improve and personalize services so that you have a better experience on our platform including by showing you more relevant content and ads, and suggesting people and topics to follow.
- We use your contact information to help others find your account if your settings permit, including through third-party services and client applications.
- We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyze data about your visits to our sites to do things like optimize product design. We also use data about the ads you interact with to help advertisers understand the performance of their ad campaigns.
- We use your information to provide our advertising and sponsored content services subject to your settings, which helps make ads on the platform more relevant to you. We also use this information to measure the effectiveness of ads and to help recognize your devices to serve you ads on the platform.
- We use information we collect to provide for the safety and security of our users, our products, services, and your account. This includes verifying your identity, authenticating your account, and defending against fraud, unauthorized use, and illegal activity. We also use the information to evaluate and affect the safety and quality of content on the platform - this includes investigating and enforcing our policies and terms, as well as applicable law.
- We use the information we collect to measure and analyze the effectiveness of our services and to better understand how you use them in order to make them better.
- We use the information we collect to communicate with you about our services, including service updates and changes to our policies and terms.
- We use information you share with us, or that we collect to conduct research, surveys, product testing, and troubleshooting to help us operate and improve our products and services.
We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may send you a notification if we detect suspicious activity, like an attempt to sign in to your account from an unusual location. Or we may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our services.
How We Share Information
It is important for you to know the ways we share your information, why we share it, and how you can control it. The following is a general breakdown of how we share your information.
With Service Providers
We may share your information with our service providers that perform functions and provide services on our behalf, including payment services providers who facilitate payments; service providers that assist us in the publication and distribution of the platform’s content, service providers that help us understand the use of our services; and those that provide fraud detection and other security services.
Advertising revenue plays a role in enabling us to provide our services to you. Advertisers may learn information from your engagement with their ads on our platform along with other information associated with the ad you clicked, such as characteristics of the audience it was intended to reach. They may also collect other personal information from you, such as cookie identifiers, or your IP address.
With Third-party Content & Integrations
We share or disclose your information with your consent or at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account or when you direct us to share your feedback with a business. Similarly, to improve your experience, we work with third-party partners to display their video content on our platform or to allow cross-platform sharing. When you watch or otherwise interact with content from our video or cross-platform sharing partners, they may receive and process your personal information as described in their privacy policies.
Through our APIs
We use technology like APIs and embeds to make public platform information available to websites, apps, and others for their use. In these instances, we have standard terms and conditions that govern how this information can be used, and a compliance program to enforce these terms and conditions. However, these inpiduals and companies are not affiliated with our company, and their offerings may not reflect updates you make on our platform.
For Legal Reasons
We may preserve, use, share, or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary:
- To comply with a law, regulation, legal process or an enforceable government request.
- To protect the safety of any person, protect the safety or integrity of our platform, including to help prevent spam, abuse, or malicious actors on our services.
- To enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- To explain why we have removed content or accounts from our services (e.g., for a violation of Platform Rules).
- To address fraud, security, user violations or technical issues.
- To protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of those who use our services.
With our Affiliates
We may share information amongst our affiliates as necessary to aid in providing our platform’s services.
As a Result of a Change in Ownership
How Long We Keep Information
We keep different types of information for different periods of time:
- We keep your profile information and content for the duration of your account.
- We generally keep other personally identifiable data we collect when you use our products and services for a maximum of 12 months.
- Where you violate our Rules and your account is suspended, we may keep the identifiers you used to create the account (i.e., email address or phone number) indefinitely to prevent repeat policy offenders from creating new accounts.
- We may keep certain information longer than our policies specify in order to comply with legal requirements and for safety and security reasons.
How You Can Control Your Data
You can access, correct, or modify the information you provided to us by editing your profile and adjusting your account settings. Any modifications, edits or corrections will not however change or alter previously collected data.
Deleting Your Information
You can delete or deactivate your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When deleted or deactivated, your account, including your display name, username, and public profile, will no longer be viewable on the platform. You may still restore your account within 12 months after deactivation.
Objecting to, Restricting, or Withdrawing your Consent
You can manage your privacy settings and other account features here. If you change your settings it may take some time for your choices to be fully reflected throughout our systems. You may also notice changes in your platform experience or limitations in your ability to access certain features depending on the settings you have selected.